Y ou have discovered one of the most inexpensive and skilled moving company in Blairstown 07825. Dan the Affordable Moving Man is a 4th Generation mover. Over the past 4 generations we have earned our living by supplying a top quality moving service at a flat rate. Our livelihood is based upon our satisfied customers advocating our services. So we take great pride in each and every move we complete. Whether you require a local or cross country move we are able to accommodate. No job is too big or too small for us.
Searching for a family owned and also operated business, licensed, insured along with bonded in Blairstown? Look no more, our flat rate moving makes everything very simple. We have a big fleet of different sized vehicles to satisfy any dimension moving task.
$60/hr Blairstown NJ Moving Company
- A Driver / Loader
- 26 Ft Fully Equipped moving vehicle.
Services provided by movers in Blairstown 07825:
- Experienced Labor Available or Supply your own.
- Packing/unpacking services available Call for a quote
What our Moving Customers in 07825 are saying
Just wanted to thank you Dan for a wonderful job at a superb price! Your Driver/Loader was qualified as well as a hard worker. Every little thing was packed flawlessly and also securely. 5 Stars!
— Sean - Blairstown
We called around to many different movers and got a vast variety of quotes. I am glad we selected Dan the Affordable Moving Man. Everything went smoothly and we have no complaints! I would recommend.
— Amy- Blairstown
Checklist before you hire your Blairstown moving company
- Are they fully insured and bonded?
- Are there any hidden fees or expenses?
- Check the movers reviews in Blairstown NJ
- Do they provide boxes and packing material or is that extra?
- Will the driver help pack?
- Can you hire additional help?
- What is the moving companies travel radius
At Dan the Affordable Moving Man we are fully insured and bonded and you will not be surprised by any extra charges or fees like over movers in Blairstown 07825. Boxes and packing materials are available at an additional charge and if you need more help packing your belongings other packers can be hired. We are a full service moving company for local and long distance moves. We pride ourselves on customer referrals so your satisfaction is essential to our livelihood.
Chester, Denville, Dover, Jefferson, Lake Hopatcong, Mine Hill, Long Valley, Mendham, Mount Arlington, Mount Olive, Netcong, Oak Ridge, Budd Lake, Randolph, Rockaway, Roxbury, Washington, Saddle Brook, Wharton, Boonton, Chatham, East Hanover, Florham Park, Harding, Kinnelon, Long Hill, Lake Hiawatha, Madison, Morris Plains, Mountain Lakes, Parsippany, Riverdale, Newton, Andover, Byram, Whippany Park, Maywood, Elmwood Park, Stanhope, Sparta, Hacksensack, Hasbrouch Heights, Lodi, Paramus, Wallington, River Edge, Fair Lawn, Teaneck and Patterson NJ. For more information about Moving Company Morris County click here
History of Blairstown 07825
Blairstown is named in honor of John I. Blair, its most prominent citizen, and had been erected from Knowlton in 1845. A small portion of Hardwick and Frelinghuysen was added later.
A system of 1, 100 acres was surveyed to John Hyndshaw in 1729, lying on both sides of the Paulins Kill, below Walnut Valley Creek, and partly in Knowlton Township. Hyndshaw still owned the system in 1762.
Alexander Adams earlier took up 1, 700 acres associated with land now partly in Knowlton and partly in Blairstown as well as Hope, reaching from the Union packet school house to near the Delaware River. His home is said to get been at about where the 3 townships come together. The history of their family is found under Knowlton Township.
A tract of 5, 000 acres lying in Blairstown, Wish and Frelinghuysen was surveyed in order to William Penn before 1718. It was sold by his heirs in order to Jonathan Hampton, and after his demise commissioners divided the tract in to fifty farms, which were owned later on by the Wildricks, Shipmans and Cressmans and others.
One of the earliest settlers within this township was Lodewick Ditman, or even Ludwig Titman, who in 1737 bought 400 acres of property at the foot of the Blue Hills, six miles from the Water Difference. Here he, his son, George, grandson, Baltus, or family, resided until 1844, when the homestead grind came into the possession of Walter Pat, a greatgreat-grandson, whose family possessed it until recently.
Ludwig Titman had three sons, -George, Philip and John, and a daughter, Christina. His will in 1772 describes his wife, Mary, neighbors, Steve Van Etten, and John Vehicle Nest and witnesses, Christopher Krop, John Fite and James Changing mood. Ludwig Titman’s son, George, was created in 1726, and died within 1792. He lived on the homestead, and had two sons, George, created 1750, died 1796, and Baltus, born 1751; and a daughter, Martha, who married, about 1780, the actual Rev. Ludwig Chitara, who preached to the German Reformed congregations in Knowlton and Newton. George Titman (2nd. ) moved to Oxford Township. Baltus Titman and his family members lived on the old homestead in the foot of the mountain. He had: (1) John, father of Jacob, Catherine, Jeremiah, John, Marie and Charles; (2) William, father of Baltus, George and William; (3) Abraham; (4) Catherine; (5) Elizabeth; (6) Margaret; (7) Anna; (8) Lanah, and (9) George, father associated with Catherine, Elias, Baltis, John, George, Philip, William, Abraham, Isaac, Martha Ann and Jacob. Many of the Titman family are in the township to this day.
The actual ancestor of the Wildrick family within Warren County settled in Hardwick Township, not far from Blairstown, long before the actual Revolution. Several of the family have become notable in the State and Nation.
Hon. Abram Wildrick was a member of the actual Assembly and a State Senator. Their daughter, Isabella, married Hon. George B. Swain, recently State treasurer of New Jersey. Hon. Isaac Wildrick, a twin brother to Abram, was an inveterate politician. He could be said to have filled every aesthetic office in the State except that associated with Governor. He married Nancy Cummins. Their daughter, Huldah, is the spouse of Major Carl Lentz, associated with Newark. A son, Abram D. Wildrick, graduated from West Justification in 1857 and has a brilliant war document, receiving the brevet of brigadier-general. An additional son is Colonel John The. Wildrick, who was commissioned first lieutenant of the Sussex Rifles in 1861, and later of Company B, 2nd Regiment New Jersey Volunteers. In General Kearney’s First New Jersey Brigade he experienced many campaigns, and was advertised to the command of the Twenty-eighth Nj-new jersey Regiment before the battle of Chancellorsville. He was in Libby Prison with regard to thirty-two days. He served because clerk of the County of Warren from 1890 to 1895. A couple of his nephews are at present in america army.
The first grist mill constructed here “long before the Revolution, inch gave to the place the name associated with “Smith’s Mills. ” Later, whenever Michael Butts, and after him, their grandson, Jacob Butts, owned the majority of the land on the site of the town, look for it called Butts’ Bridge. The actual post-office, of which William Hankinson was initially postmaster, bore this name from 1820 to 1825, when John We. Blair was made postmaster of the location, with “Gravel Hill” as its brand new name. This name it weary until the citizens, at a public conference on January 23, 1839, transformed it to Blairstown.
On Mar 8, 1821, Joseph R. Ogden and M. Robert Butts (representing Jacob Butts, deceased) conveyed in order to William Hankinson, Amos Ogden, Paul R. Ogden, Peter Lanterman as well as Wilson Hunt, trustees of the Tiny rocks Hill School House, a system of land on the road from Butts’ Bridge to Hope, and 242 yards from said bridge more than Paulins Kill. This later grew to become the public school.
Blairstown is the investing center for a large portion of north Warren County. It soon may have three railway stations, as the Lehigh and New England, the New You are able to, Susquehanna and Western, and the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western, all go through the place.
The most important event in the historical past of this place was the arrival associated with John I. Blair, in 1819. The Hon. John I. Blair is noted as being the wealthiest indigenous Jerseyman. He was born at Bad Rift, in 1802, and earlier developed marked ability as a vendor at Hope and at Gravel Slope, which was christened Blairstown in his recognize in 1839. 4is great lot of money was made mainly in building railroads, and his great business opportunities were provided freely to his friends, a lot of whom were also made wealthy therefore.
He founded the Belvidere Nationwide Bank in 1830, which organization became the parent of the excellent banking house of John We. Blair & Co., of Stock market, New York. His home was managed at Blairstown all his durability. He died December 5, 1899. His great-grandfather, Samuel Blair, found America from Scotland about 1730, and married into the family of Doctor Shippen, of Philadelphia, who possessed large tracts of land within Oxford Township, on Scott’s Hill. Here on Scott’s Mountain Samuel Blair passed the remainder of his times, and here were born his boy, John, and grandson, James, who had been the father of John I. Blair. Mr. Blair left his excellent fortune mainly to his boy, the Hon. D. C. Blair, of Belvidere and New York, and also to his grandson, C. Ledyard Blair.
Blair Presbyterial Academy, or, currently more familiarly known, Blair Corridor, is the most important institution in Blairstown.
“In 1848 Mr. John We. Blair donated the grounds and supplied the means for the erection of the stone edifice in Blairstown, specifically as a private school or schools that should uniformly uphold the New Legs ideal of character. This is the center, both as to the inward and the facing outward character of the academy as it is these days. The only deviation from the original style was the change from a day to a boarding school. ”
In 1883, with a timely and generous gift, a brand new era was brought to the school. “The campus consists of one hundred acres, and it is picturesque in its diversity. Including gorgeous Blair Walk and the lake, much more a delightful place of recreation. ” The actual lake is five acres within extent, with an average depth associated with seven feet, and provides a loud cascade at the dam seventeen ft in height and forty-five in width. inch The buildings excel in great design and attractiveness of area those of other American preparatory colleges.
Especially beautiful are Locke Corridor and Insley Hall, named honoring Mr. Blair’s wife and mom. The institution is generously rendered.
Blairstown owes to the generosity associated with Mr. Blair an electric light flower and a water system, designed especially for the convenience of Blair Hall, however whose advantages were extended towards the whole town.
A noted estimate Blairstown was Dr . John D. Johnson, who located there within 1850, and for more than half a century offered the population faithfully for many miles about. He was president and, for many years, admin of the County Medical Society, as well as was president of the Medical Community of New Jersey in 1867. Doctor H. 0. Carhart has employed his profession in Blairstown because 1887, and has been for several years enthusiast of the County of Warren. Doctor William Allen and Dr . Farrenheit. S. Gorden have been more recently set up here.
The Methodist Episcopal Cathedral was the first one to be erected within Blairstown. It was not built till 1838, although the Methodists had mentioned preaching appointments in this place as soon as 1811. In 1873 the original rock structure was torn down, and also the present frame church was built on nearly the same site. This particular church was connected with the Tranquility circuit from 1838 until 1862, when it became a separate charge. Quickly thereafter a commodious parsonage had been erected. An excellent Jardine pipe body organ was installed in 1902. The current pastor is Rev. D. They would. Gridley.
The Blairstown Presbyterian Cathedral was erected in 1839-40. “It was furnished with a 218-pound bells, for many years the only churchgoing bell to become heard by the citizens of the gorgeous valley in whose midst the actual church was planted. ” The very first structure was built of rock, and, although in good restoration, was demolished in 1870 to create way for the present building. The Presbyterians in this vicinity early went to the actual Knowlton church or to the Yellow-colored Frame Church, a few miles aside. In 1848 a parsonage had been erected. Dr . John C. Manley was organist for many years on the well made Jardine pipe organ. The present guía is the Rev. J. N. Armstrong.